Monday, June 14, 2010

6/14 - Media free living update

Found an interesting article about tech addicted parents from the Huffington Post. A link is given to both an article in the New York Times and a CBS show on the subject. Sherry Turkle is mentioned in the NY Times article. She's from MIT and is a well respected expert in this area. After perusing the information provided, I must say "guilty as charged" and I am happy to have taken this break.

Still, I wonder if I can keep this up. Can I keep a job and maintain a media free living environment? Brad has so far....lol. My middle son has said he can live without it - in fact, his exact words were "it doesn't bother me, I don't care". Wow! What a surprise. Every time I think about reconnecting, I shudder. I don't know that I want to. I long for the convenience of the tools; but, I also enjoy the freedom, and the limits, we have now. One and half months tomorrow and the countdown continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment