Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We are hot again!

6/29/2010 - With an unofficial job offer (anxiously awaiting the formal job offer) I decided to get reconnected. I'll have much to prepare for with fall semester approaching and the prospect of teaching four college level classes solo (can't wait) and assisting in one class (can't wait for this either)....not to mention comprehensive exams and dissertation. I'm very excited for the future and feel very fortunate.

So, now we have internet up and running again; however, I have not reconnected dish television. We lasted almost two months without everything (except cell phones). It felt good. For now, weekends, Tuesdays and Thursdays are media free (unless someone has work, school or otherwise). Even without television, there seems to be more interaction and bed time is not a fight anymore. Kids are actually tired and ready for bed at a decent hour despite being teenagers. I have no intention of turning on the tube anytime soon so we'll see how life goes without it for awhile. And, I'm hoping we keep internet access under control - if not, everyone around here knows what I might do!!!! ;)

I hope to continue this discussion with myself and my family as we let the internet back in and we keep the television out for awhile longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment